You might have guessed that salvaging old poetry of mine found abandoned on another site means that I've got nothing new to add and must so look to my past works for confidence and perhaps a bit of inspiration. You might be right. I don't really think of these poems as finished; not quite sure they could be to me. if a poem is finished then it is truly dead. These poems are still alive, occassionally stirring up some dust in the recesses of my distracted mind. I want to write, but my life seems to be filled with the gritty dust of realities adult distractions. Under that grime, is there a beauty I can still see? Must I simply see the trees for the forest they are, instead of trying to look past the trees I believe are obscuring my beautiful forest.
P.S. - In any event, I have posted those old poems here again in the hopes the this will keep them alive a little while longer. I've tried to recreate the way I presented them on the other site, of course with the current templating. I wouldn't have even bothered with this if blogger didn't make individual post pages so convenient.
Thursday, September 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment