Thursday, May 15, 2003

I don't resent her for dumping me. I'll miss her as a girlfriend and to be brutally truthfull, I'll probably just miss having a girlfriend more than I miss her. Informing me of her decision over the phone, while hanging out with other friends. That hurts. Not talking to me about it face to face before making her final decision hurts most. I knew that our relationship would likely not last forever. If she had come to me first, instead of ignoring and avoiding me for a week only to dump me over the phone, I might not be so hurt. If we'd only dated for a short time and she dumped me over the phone, I might not feel like one of my best friends didn't give one shit for my feelings. I might have tried to keep her, I wouldn't have been much of a boyfriend if I didn't. In the end though I wouldn't try to keep her in a relationship that she didn't want, no matter how I felt. Yeah, we could still be friends, but I doubt you'll ever call. I'll move back to the dorms at the end of the summer and I'll never hear from her again.

No comments: