Thursday, May 05, 2005

When the president talks to God

Are the consonants all hard or soft?
Is he resolute all down the line?
Is every issue black or white?
Does what God say ever change his mind
When the president talks to God?


--Bright Eyes

Standard 'Bush as Dickhead' diatribe. Interesting, but not original or exceedingly poetic. Some compared it to Dylan, but I suspect those people aren't really that familiar with Dylan's work. I'll download it and listen to it, but I would never pay for this song. As repeptative and unoriginal as this kind of thing can become, it was good that it was broadcast nationally in the evening. It may be trite, sophomoric, simple-minded, and histrionic, but it needs to be said. Free download on iTunes Music Store. Form your own opinions.

MeFi



P.S. - I FUCKING HATE EMO, but not as much as I fear Bush is the antichrist.

No comments: