Friday, May 27, 2005

Dirty Harry

"In my backpack
I got my act right
In case you act quite difficult
And your result is
weaken
With anger and discontent
Some are seekin
in search of
like Nimoy

I'm a peace lovin' decoy
Ready for retaliation
I change the whole location
To pine box / 6 under
Impulsive
Don't ask why or wonder
Orders given to me is strike
And I'm thunder
with lightning fast reflexes
on constant alert
from the constant hurt
that seems limitless
with no drop in pressure

It seeming like everybody
is out to take ya
'til they see you break
They can't conceal hate
That consumes you
I'm the reason why you fill up your isuzu

Chill with your old lady at the tilt
I gotta 90 day extension
And I'm filled with guilt
From things I've done and seen
Your water is from a bottle
mine's from a canteen

At night I hear the shots ring
so I'm a light sleeper
The cost of life seem to get cheaper
out in the desert
with my street sweeper
The war is over so said the speaker
with the flight suit on
Maybe to him I'm just a pawn
So he can advance
Remember when we used to dance
All I want to do is dance"

I liked this voice better on the page than in the album, but perhaps I'll grow to like the voice on the albume more. Go out now and buy the album, its definately worth it. The link above i is to the official site for the band, which requires flash at the moment. Other that that annoyance, the site has some interesting content.

See also: lyrics @ fans.gorillaz.com

No comments: