skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Why Others Blog...
My initial goal was to blog about cancer. The cancer went away and the blog changed. I’ve never really had a focus since then. I just blog about random, inane things. What can I say? I watch a lot of TV.
I guess maybe I want people to know a little more about me than I may not be willing to say out loud. I respect the thoughts and ideas and opinions of my friends, and that's why I allow them the option of seeing inside my head.
I blog because this is my outlet right now. I prefer this over traditional journaling for whatever reason (I type faster than I write, mostly). And maybe, just maybe, there's someone out there who reads this and experiences the same things I do and can offer some insight.
It felt really good to let it out, though.
It was a enabler. It performed the role of center of attraction.
What makes (would make) it interesting is many other leaves and their interconnectedness.
Oh right -- that's why I blog -- empathy for subtlety, realized personae, and a comforting dailiness.
I blog to preserve my idees fixes in their natural habitat.
Blogging is dangerous. Blogging is dangerous because it feels so safe. Social contraception, so to speak. I can pretend i'm interacting with these interesting and clever people on some real level, without having to risk putting myself on the line, without taking the chance that Sarah may find me dull or Josser may find me immature. I'm safe here. I am a rock. An island.
...I'm pretending that someone is out there who cares about this, who really wants to get to know me. I'm pretending I'm having a conversation with a friend. And I tell this friend interesting things I've heard and found.
Blogging helps me forget for the moment that I am alone, that I have no group of people who will drop everything to go hang out, or stay up all night playing Risk and drinking too much.
Blogging is a fix, that satisfies the craving for feeling important and special and interesting.
1 comment:
I started to blog to purge my built up frustration and anger at my ex-husband and all the "drama" that I was allowing him to create in our lives.
Now, I blog because it is a way to document events and times easily that have caused some emotional response from me. It could be about society, my kids, my life, my dreams, or just a bunch of BS that I wanted to get out.
And I use my blog to log information I've learned regarding my son's learning disability. This way, it is in one spot and maybe someone else might learn a bit with me.
-d (www.prettypurpleprincess.net)
Post a Comment