According to foodconsumer.org
"Acrylamide is a byproduct of food processing. It is formed particularly at high temperatures in starchy food with the amino acid asparagine. Chips and fries made of potatoes can form high levels of acrylamide.According to ChannelOklahoma.com you migth want to stay away from these brands as well;
Among 12 potato chips that most concern the group, one variety, Cape Cod Robust Russet, contains 6,500 parts per billion of acrylamide, 910 times higher than the level acceptable to the state's environmental health agency.
The lowest level of acrylamide is found in Lay's Light KC Masterpiece BBQ chips, which still contains 38 times higher than the acceptable level, according to Los Angeles Times."
"Lay's Baked!, Lay's Stax BBQ, Lay's KC Masterpiece. Lay's Natural Country Barbecue, Lay's Light KC Barbecue Masterpiece, Pringles Snack Stacks (Pizzalicious Flavor), Pringles Sweet Mesquite BBQ, Kettle Chips Lightly Salted, Kettle Chips Honey Dijon, Cape Cod Robust Russet and Cape Cod Classic Chips."I'm most curious as to how or if this affects other potato chip manufacuturers. Do they use a different method? I suppose I could do more research, but I don't eat chips that often and thus don't care that much. If you find out, leave a comment or email me. I'll admit that I may miss the taste of KC Masterpiece before I knew they could cause cancer. I haven't heard much about this story except, what little I've researched on my own, but it may soon get more publicity. Newsinferno.com reports that
"[the Environmental Law Foundation] has filed notices that give the California Attorney General 60 days to take up the case on behalf of California residents. If the Attorney General declines to do so, ELF “intends to bring suit in the public interest” against a number of companies including PepsiCo Inc. (Lays), Proctor & Gamble (Pringles), Lance Inc. (Cape Cod), and Kettle Foods Inc. (Kettle Chips)."
[acrylamide][potato][chips][fries][cancer][food][lays][pringles][lance][kettle][california][lawsuit]
No comments:
Post a Comment