Katapult is a win32 application which can start the program(s)of your choice when you connect your iPod to your PC. I personnally made it to start Ephpod with the SYNCHANDQUIT parameter so that when I would plug in my iPod Ephpod would be started, then it would synch, and later exit, all of this automatically. Katapult always runs in the background, but it's CPU load and the memory it takes are figures close to zero, so it isn't a problem, closing is possible with Ctrl-Alt-Del if necessary.
Wednesday, June 22, 2005
Katapult: Autostart alternate programs on iPod connect
While trying to find a better way to send my iPod playcounts to Audioscrobbler, as posted here and here, I found this program. It looks somewhat useful for autostarting the AudioPod thingy, but if Audioscrobbler keeps sending back the "Database too busy" message it won't be very helpful. I had to wait to submit this morning the songs I had listened to yesterday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment