Friday, June 24, 2005

Broccoli || kuro5hin.org

"'It is somewhat ironic,' lectured the broccoli, 'that I should be the source of your revelation. Wouldn't you think it should be the other way `round?'"


Of the comments on this creative work of ridiculous existential banter, some enjoy the meat and others attack the flavor. Those attacking the flavor, e.g. the apparent lack of differentiation between characters, forget that in the end the man is talking to himself. Why am I being so harsh to the person that didn't like this piece even though I didn't exactly love it? Simply put, their criticism was unnecessarily derogatory and not that constructive. Notice that they point out what's wrong and the things they don't understand, but do not offer and helpful advice on improving it. In the case that they were not offering advice because they did not except the story to be revised I say, "A creative work is only possibly finished after the creator has died, and even then perhaps it isn't."

No comments: