Dream sequence:
I'm wandering around somewhere. It seems to be some kind of institution, with wide hallways that are both dimly lit and too bright at the same time. It seems like maybe this place is a school, maybe high school, but that doesn't make sense because my high school wasn't built like this.
There is someone else here wandering with me. I can't make out or remember the face but some thing gives me the feeling that it is myself. How weird is it to have two of myself wandering around somewhere? Before this wandering companion leaves me though, he spills something on me. But not just a soda or a glass of water or something simple and manageable like that. He spilt something noxious all over my clothes. So of course I run into the bathroom to try to clean myself up.
Somehow I end up in the bathroom, in one of the stalls with my clothes hanging on the door part. I need to go lock the main entrance door to the bathroom, but the thought of putting the clothes back on before at least trying to wash them in the sink is unbearable. So I sneak out into the public part of the restroom, and I think I'm home clear and can quickly lock the door without anyone seeing me. Wrong. How very wrong. Just as I think that I'm in the clear, the door swings wide open and I can hear the noise of passing people outside. Hiding, for now around a corner that also obscures most of my view of the door, I can see the door swing back home cutting off the too bright light that had also snuck in with its opening. I hope for a second that it was just someone playing with the door, simply pushing it open as they passed.
Buoyed by this thought I convince myself that it is clear to try to lock the door again. Thus convinced, I step from behind my cover around the corner to head towards the door. No sooner than I start to poke my head around the corner and I'm caught. Martha and Sarah Y. are standing right there.
It's not really as if I'm embarrassed really. It's just that I was not prepared to see anyone in this condition and it is socially unacceptable for me to be around them naked. Then a worse thought strikes me,
'Maybe I'm in the woman's restroom.'
, and this would be even worse than just being caught naked. I can almost imagine the rumors and horrible inquisitions I'd be put through if I was caught naked in the women's restroom. This thought helps calm me surprisingly, because I know the women and that must be better than being caught by a stranger. Still, I feel this nagging urge to put on clothes so I dart off into the stall with my clothes. I'm still not ready to put those things on yet. I haven't washed them. So I shut the door behind me in the hopes that I can talk to Martha and Sarah from here and maybe convince them to leave, locking the door behind them. Before I can vocalize this wish, everything changes.
Now it is not a bathroom. The stall is now my room. The rest of the bathroom has become the rest of my common room. Worse yet, that stall that I had carefully shut behind me has disappeared. One would hope that if it disappeared, a shut door would at least replace it. Nope. I sit on the chair at my desk watching, as both girls seem to almost rush through my open door. I know that they've noticed that I'm still naked, but this does not seem to evoke in them any sense of responsibility to my modesty.
Then he wakes up and stumbles into the shower, thankful that he could remember his dream for once.
No comments:
Post a Comment