Tuesday, February 12, 2002

Mardi Gras tonight. (or something similar)

I wandered about in cords and earth tones, feeling a bit out of place among my classmates with beads and various cheap garbs. (To my knowledge there was no flashing.) There was a Dixie band that I, without too much trouble, convinced to play some Gershwin. They managed to pull off 'Take the A Train' fairly well, but I think that the arrangement was a bit hard on the trumpet. (The band consisted of trumpet, hollow body electric guitar, and full size upright bass.) I managed to get into the mood a bit more with a spray-on temporary tattoo, on the inside of my forearm just past my elbow on the way to my wrist.

Also, there was a gypsy. She had a few words about my life, but unfortunately I couldn't think of any questions that I wanted to know the answer to. She did tell me a couple of interesting things. I guess I'll see how they pan out. She mentioned that I 'feel deeply'. Something about how when I'm up nobody's higher, and when I'm down..... This I've had trouble admitting. She also mentioned my creative side and that I should continue in this vein, and that I could even make money at it if I so chose. She seemed a bit surprised that my concentration is math. I didn't have the heart to tell her how much I loved math or bother to explain to her how I sensed a certain creativity in math like a glimmer disappearing behind a shaded building.

But I've saved the most specific gypsy prophecy for last. She sees a relationship in my future. Of course first she had to ask me if I was in a relationship. Whatever. A relationship in my near future. To her this meant, after consultation of a swinging rock, that I would find someone in early June. The only physical description she could give was that this person would have a smile, a wonderful smile. This makes sense because gypsy also foretold that this person would be very outgoing. She said we would have a lot in common and would commence to talk to each other all the time. We would have no interest in dating anyone else as soon as we met. We would have a strong relationship.


I saw Jane today.
She had a bow.
And did not pierce me.
Why didn't she shoot me?

No comments: