Wednesday, February 20, 2002
I love the way that sometimes as your scrolling through some text flickering on the screen, suddenly and without warning a bar code appears. Then, just as you notice, almost as if it has noticed that you can see it, it disappears, turning back into the lines of text. Maybe this is not something very special or even significant in any way, but I get a kick out of it. It's like I've stumbled over some hidden code in the text that I just typed. Of course I can't sight read bar codes, so this hidden code might as well not even hide, but I romanticize and daydream. I can almost convince myself that if there was some underlying matrix to reality, this is how it would manifest itself to us. Some random insight into the patterns we gloss over in our everyday worlds. I think that there's a good reason that the idea of some ubiquitous Aether was popular for so long. I'm beginning to believe that this Aether does actually exist, but as some sort of mathematical construct. There are patterns...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment