I jot things down
This morning I could not for the life of me seem to get a firm grip on time. See time is really like this kind of rope conveyor belt thing. And it's moving along at it's own pace since it's all relative anyway. Now, we move along through time as a dimension as if we're holding on to this rope and we get pulled along. I love the way this metaphor works out because we've already figured out how to move forward along this conveyor/rope thing. We just have to go REALLY fast.
What I'm getting at here is that I have a hard time sometimes keeping my balance on this thing. Sometimes it bucks and throws me. I subsequently land somewhere else. Or worse, sometimes I trip and get tangled in it. This morning, when I woke up it was Wednesday. By 8:15 it had turned back to Friday. Sometimes my memory of time gets folded over itself and certain parts temporarily disappear. This morning was one of those times. It doesn't help that I don't wear a watch. It also doesn't help that if there does happen to be a clock nearby, most times it's set differently than the last clock that I looked at.
No comments:
Post a Comment