Well I must say that today has been an interesting day so far and hopefully I will be able to expand upon this theme tonight, but I'm a bit busy right now so I'll be brief.
Other people are linking to me and I haven't asked them to!! It would have been hard to imagine how affirmed this makes me feel.
I'm well aware that once I've written something it is no longer mine. It becomes something else. With this in mind I'm not going to tell anyone what I meant when I wrote the particular post that was quoted by _fountain of vomit_. I think that I would like to simply give an alternate reading of the piece.
Ita:
It doesn't matter what color anyone's eyes are. What is important here is what is being told. She tells the speaker that the color of his eyes is her favorite color because it is a hopeless romantic kind of thing to do. The same would apply for the speaker's feelings on his favorite color and the color of her eyes.
Also, this piece may be implying that when you've found someone you truly connect with, it is made apparent in simply often unnoticed things, such as the color of one's eyes. Or even perhaps, it is implying that your favorite color becomes some color associated with this person that you connect with. What better color is there than that of the eyes, 'windows to the soul'?
Then again, this is all just what I think and is therefore just as valid as what anyone else can come up with.
P.S. - It is important for me to make words sound good together.
No comments:
Post a Comment