She's talking.And.Talking.And.Talking...
and I lean my head back until I'm enveloped by the doors and her voice becomes but a whisper...maybe, at least, I might get some shoes out of the deal...
I'm beginning to understand why it was that when I was little, it seemed as if I couldn't hear anything she had to say. They thought i was just ignoring her. Maybe it wasn't my fault. You'd ignore her too. It was my survival.
"First time I saw you I was talking to myself
I says, hey you got those pretty-pretty eyes
(such pretty eyes)
Now that you are next to me I just get so upset
hey Lisa, will you tell me why am I so shy
Why am I so shy
Why am I so shy, well you know that those -
- good-good times, they just seem to pass me by
Why am I so shy
And Lisa says, on a night like this
it'd be so nice if you gave me a great big kiss
And Lisa says, honey, for just one little smile
I'll sing and play for you for the longest while
Lisa says, oh no, now
Lisa says, hey, don't you be a little baby
Lisa says, oh no
Lisa says"
-Lou Reed
I now have a ropelight that responds to music. How cool is that?
Tonight I shall sail into Neverland with Peter once again. I wonder if, like Wendy, I've grown too old, since his last visit...
No comments:
Post a Comment