Wednesday, March 13, 2002

There is at this very moment a girl sleeping under my bed. She came in. She said she was going to take a nap in my room, if that was okay. I agreed, thinking to myself, "...there's nothing wrong with that. It's not going to bother me any."

After my bumbling had awakened her for the first time (well technically it was the remote control of my TV crashing to the floor that woke her), she explained that she doesn't like to be tired alone. I'm not particularly romantically attracted to her, but damn if that isn't the most endearing hopeless romantic and poetic thing that I've her today.

Now it seems that, despite my incessant typing and clicking, she has fallen asleep again. This time I finally made the connection and showed her to the giant pillow in my fort under my bed. Now before you call me inconsiderate for not just showing her to my bed (without me in it, but you should get your head out of your crotch for a minute anyway), I should explain that my fort is nearly light tight.

I was going to ask why more women don't do things like this around me more often. Hell, why don't women simply interact with me more often? While typing all this out however, I realized a key point here: It wouldn't be as endearing if everyone did it. Oh well. Still, I would be quite happy if just one or two more women did.

To the girl sleeping under my bed:
Thank-you for doing something so quirky that has added some wonderful texture to my day.

No comments: