Audioscrobbler has finally been completely eaten by last.fm. So far, the only difference is that it now looks like crap, is ultra slow to load, formatted horrendously, and is now tied to a site that I had tried hard to avoid. What an improvement. I want my audioscrobbler back! Maybe I'll rant more coherently later or delete this post. Ugh, so frustrated, hating last.fm so much right now.
Upshot: there is now a journal section to record such thoughts. Repeated here:
Last.fm has killed everything that I liked about audioscrobbler. I'd like to thank everyone for the increase in load time and bloat thanks to the intrusive ads. I'd also like to thank you guys for completely screwing up the site's user interface. Audioscrobbler used to be a cool site to check out and browse though, but now its slow, ugly, and doesn't display the interesting information nearly well enough to be useful. Looks like I'm about done recording my music listening habits [for] your marketing goons.
Update: Hopefully the slowness of the site will wear off as surge in traffic tapers off, but that was not my main concern. I'm not the only one who wants their Audioscrobbler back; discuss here and here. The worst part is the take it or leave attitude and sardonic tone of the people behind audioscrobbler, like Russ, to the concerns of its users.
No comments:
Post a Comment