"I think we are at the lowest point we have been in the history of [music]... like rap music. I all adds up to one big minus." - Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys
Em-cee/Producer Lushlife reworks The Beach Boys 'Pet Sounds' with acapellas and instrumentals from Kanye West's 'The College Dropout' and forthcoming album 'Late Registration'. This is a long way from your average quick cut & paste/mash-up effort, with additional live = instrumentation and extra verses from Lush himself. Check it out... it works!
Friday, August 19, 2005
Lushlife brings together Kanye West and The Beach Boys
I'm still listening to this the first time through right now. It's good, better than I would have thought. Not sure which I like best, but "Jesus Walks" caught my ear. Of course the enjoyment in listening to this is mostly Kanye, but I definately appreciate the mix and Lushlife's skill here. Good Job, thank you. (I typed out the text below to include in the comments of the mp3s once I'd downloaded them, so I pasted it in here for future reference.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment