Imagine that you've had a romantic relationship with the most attractive girl that has ever wanted anything to do with you. Imagine that the greater part of the pleasure that you derive from any romantic relationship is the pleasure and happiness of the other person. Now imagine that you've been dumped in a manner of speaking, though it was probably closer to a mutual disillusion of intimacy at gunpoint, but I digress. Suppose you've been dumped because she doesn't trust you that much. That's ok, you think, trust is something that can be gained. No. She doesn't and will never trust anyone that much. She doesn't want you to try to change any of this in her, and this however frustrating it may be to not be able to fix things is acceptable.
Imagine that she's found someone else to hang out with. This is something that happens everyday. There's no reason that you should even care. You don't care, this other person is a friend of yours, but let's just say that you would not trust him with your sister.
Imagine that you've finally come to the realization that she is likely involved romantically with this other person. You have not found anyone else suitable to fill that romantic void you've developed. She trusts him. She's happy.
Imagine how this will take the wind out of your sails.
Yeah, I'm melancholy. But mostly....
... I just want a hug ...
Sing me to sleep
Sing me to sleep
I'm tired and I
I want to go to bed
Sing me to sleep
Sing me to sleep
And then leave me alone
Don't try to wake me in the morning
'Cause I will be gone
Don't feel bad for me
I want you to know
Deep in the cell of my heart
I will feel so glad to go
Sing me to sleep
Sing me to sleep
I don't want to wake up
On my own anymore
Don't feel bad for me
I want you to know
Deep in the cell of my heart
I really want to go
There is another world
There is a better world
Well, there must be
Well, there must be
Bye bye
P.S. The above was purely reactionary and does not imply or suggest in anyway that I wish things had happened differently. In fact, I don't. I'm just feeling lonely...
No comments:
Post a Comment