Sunday, April 21, 2002

New Realization

He's not dumb. He knows what's going on. He's known for a while. He's quite able to observe the world around him and piece things together. He's had the dots connected, though marked lightly, for some time now. He sometime thinks, "I wish that everyone didn't feel this need to protect me. I don't have a problem with the reality of it. Why should I?"

It's as if everyone expects him to freak out at his realization of certain things. The only times his feelings have really been hurt has been as a direct result of people trying not to hurt his feelings. So far only one person has not tried to hide it from him or deny it to him. He'd like to thank them, but knows that it would be a futile attempt. His only consolation is that there is some kind of mutual understanding through which he's already been able to express his gratitude.

----I wrote a poem a while back. I was on the opposite side of the situation then. I acted like an idiot. I feel I should apologize for it all now.----

Flipped to opposite sides of so many situations this semester, it's helped him see the world more fully. It's been a real smack in the face most of the time, but he's thankful for it.

I should really be eating brunch now so that I can get to work. Then again, I think I needed to dislodge this particular splinter in order to continue with my day...

No comments: